Typical Tuesday on the Farm

Remember JULY C.S.A. farm pick-up is scheduled for Saturday, July 11 10:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.  and all shipping orders placed after June 21st. will be shipped out during July. 

6:00 A.M. Tuesday June 30 2015
Neighbors yelling from the ranch front gate!

Neighbor: My bull is in your back yard!
Xenia: Well, I guess I should find the breach in the fence
Neighbor: There's no breach in the fence
Xenia: Did the stork drop your bull into the back range?




Xenia: OH CRAP!



The bull ripped up the adjoining neighbors chain link fence and crawled under it. Then walked right through the livestock panel. Dennis placed a wooden crate in front of the ripped-up chain link fence to keep the sheep in-range while wrangling the neighbors bull off the property.

Neighbors, Dennis and Xenia wrangling the bull for about 15 minutes. That bull really wanted to get in with the heifers and mate. The Heifers are always sweeter on the other side! (LOL!).


Blanca trying to get her bull
The visiting  bull


Neighbor trying to get his bull
Blanca going to get feed to lure the bull


Neighbor running toward the bull


After 15 minutes, Xenia goes and gets the camera (LOL!)

Dennis has been nursing an injured leg for about 3 weeks and was limited in his ability to run. I have slept for about 2 hours since the 28th of June. CRAZY!

Another 15 minutes of wrangling and out the gate the bull goes. 

The visiting bull
 

 

How did you start your morning?








Comments

  1. I started my morning doing farm chores.....earlier than normal, so that
    I could relax and call my favorite farmer...(you!) and ask her, "HOW she was doing...."
    NOW i know!! :)

    Love the pics that go along with the story...
    Thanks for the scrapbook of events.
    P.S.(Sent you a few fb inbox messages)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY BULL!! 4:35 A.M.Thursday July 2 2015 - I am startled by the front gate opening. I go to the front door and guess who? MY NEIGHBORS. That same bull knocked the back fence down to get to my heifers.
    They asked me if I would house the bull here until they get cattle panels...Hmmnn... NO!

    Good thing I got 1.5 hours of sleep last night.. YAY-YAY!

    Thank you to Google.com for sending us all the fun bells, whistles, browser cakes & candles! Rainbow Ranch Farms turned 24 years old yesterday!
    Xenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY HOLY BIRTHDAY BAT-FARM !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts